Faceoff training will be led by FOF Founder and Coach Joe Nardella. In 2015 at Rutgers, Coach Nardella was named an All-American, First Team All-B1G and B1G Specialist of the Year. Coach Nardella is currently the face-off specialist with the MLL Boston Cannons and was named an All-Star in 2017.
The sessions will include FOF warm-up that emphasizes the importance of hand speed/coordination and antagonistic stretching.
- FOF warm-up that emphasizes the importance of hand speed/coordination and antagonistic stretching.
- Following, training will consist of fundamental and technical reinforcement, advanced moves, counters, proper footwork, and body positioning. Drilling will be competition based and take place in small groups (sorted by age and ability).
- The clinic will conclude with our signature Faceoff Factory tournament. We will be filming the players during their live competition reps. Players will be given access to the film once it is uploaded as long as they follow-up with Coach Nardella. Spots are very limited and closing quickly. Please pass this information along to your players before they miss out.
Why The FACEOFF factory?
The Faceoff Factory takes a grassroots approach to their curriculum and will instill proper technique and fundamentals in all youth players to ensure immediate and prolonged success at the faceoff position.
High School/College players will be introduced to and challenged to master core fundamentals, advanced moves and techniques, counters, disruptions, anticipation tactics, proper footwork, appropriate body positioning, tie-up strategy, and situational IQ.
Defense Training will be led by Coach Malcolm Chase and Coach James Fahey. Malcolm Chase a former Boston Cannons defenseman, is the owner and head trainer at RPM Athlete Performance as well as Long Stick Middie, producing the first specialized instructional clinics and DVD devoted to the position. He is the National Director of programming for RPM Lacrosse and has worked with youth, college and professional athletes across the country. Coach Fahey is a current Boston Cannons defenseman and a graduate of Umass.
Our goal is to promote and develop defenseman of all ages by focusing on fundamentals, character, and the overall pursuit of excellence. At defense factory, we take in different defensive styles and enhance them using new age methodology and techniques all while preserving the integrity of the game. Through great leadership and guidance, we at Defense factory focus on the small details that are crucial in developing our athletes into excellent skilled defensemen and students of the game.
This session will include:
- Footwork and agility warm up
- Groundball and passing circuits
- Check work
- Approaching concepts
- Slide packages and angles
- Clearing, Transition, and Unsettled situations
- Shooting techniques
- Scoop and chase ground ball tournament
Goalie Training will be lead by Alex Krawec. Coach Krawec is a decorated goaltender, including 2 National Championships and earning Division II Goalkeeper of the Year honors in 2015 & 2016. Over the last 2 years, he has traveled across the United States helping bring proper training and fundamentals to the goalie position. Krawec was drafted in this year's supplemental draft by the Denver Outlaws.
The session will include:
- Emphasis on fundamentals
- Film Analysis
Coaches (Free of charge) - Our clinics are always open to coaches. We allow coaches to take notes, record video, and ask questions during/following the event. This is a great way for coaches to get right in on the action, learn from the staff, reinforce what their players learn, and further educate themselves.
Please direct any questions to Joe Nardella (email@example.com) 315-727-6914.
Thanks and best regards,