Dear Coaches, Parents, and Players;
We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Face-Off and Defense Combine in Indianapolis, Indiana on November 4th, from 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. This clinic is open to boys, grades 4-12.
Face-off training will be led by Coach Joe Nardella of the Boston Cannons / Team USA and Coach Cam VanHouten.
The sessions will include:
- FOF warm-up that emphasizes the importance of hand speed/coordination and antagonistic stretching.
- Following, training will consist of fundamental and technical reinforcement, advanced moves, counters, proper footwork, and body positioning. Drilling will be competition based and take place in small groups (sorted by age and ability).
- The clinic will conclude with our signature Faceoff Factory tournament. We will be filming the players during their live competition reps. Players will be given access to the film once it is uploaded as long as they follow-up with Coach Nardella. Spots are very limited and closing quickly. Please pass this information along to your players before they miss out.
Why Faceoff Factory?
Here at Faceoff Factory, we take pride in our grassroots approach. We have had great success with the curriculum we have developed and tested over the course of 5 years. Our training has translated to proper faceoff technique and fundamentals that will ensure immediate and prolonged success at the faceoff position.
For more experienced students, we aim to introduce and challenge you to master core fundamentals, advanced moves and techniques, counters, disruptions, anticipation tactics, proper footwork, appropriate body positioning, tie-up strategy, and situational IQ.
Defense Training will be led by Coach Malcolm Chase and Coach Kevin Albert. Malcolm Chase a former Boston Cannons defenseman, is the owner and head trainer at RPM Athlete Performance as well as Long Stick Middie, producing the first specialized instructional clinics and DVD devoted to the position. He is the National Director of programming for Defense Factory LLC and has worked with youth, college and professional athletes across the country. Coach Albert is local to Indianapolis now and was a former Student-Athlete at Rutgers University.
Our goal is to promote and develop defenseman of all ages by focusing on fundamentals, character, and the overall pursuit of excellence. At defense factory, we take in different defensive styles and enhance them using new age methodology and techniques all while preserving the integrity of the game. Through great leadership and guidance, we at Defense factory focus on the small details that are crucial in developing our athletes into excellent skilled defensemen and students of the game.
This session will include:
- Footwork and agility warm-up
- Ground Ball and passing circuits
- Check work
- Approaching concepts
- Slide packages and angles
- Clearing, Transition, and Unsettled situations
- Shooting techniques
- Scoop and chase ground ball tournament
Coaches (Free of charge) - Our clinics are always open to coaches. We allow coaches to take notes, record video, and ask questions during/following the event. This is a great way for coaches to get right in on the action, learn from the staff, reinforce what their players learn, and further educate themselves.
Cost: $75 per player. Register Here
Please direct any questions to Joe Nardella (firstname.lastname@example.org) 315-727-6914.
Thanks and best regards,